1. Introduction and General Terms
- what information EngagingLeadership may collect about you;
- how EngagingLeadership will use information we collect about you;
- when EngagingLeadership may use your details to contact you;
- whether EngagingLeadership will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will EngagingLeadership collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any EngagingLeadership website, such as newsletters, surveys, live chats, message boards or register on EngagingLeadership, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different webpages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable EngagingLeadership and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular webpages we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in an application to be a contributor on a political party we may need to know your political leanings). When we do this we will specify further on these webpages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. How will EngagingLeadership use the information they collect about me?
EngagingLeadership will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that EngagingLeadership may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide;
- to personalise the way EngagingLeadership content is presented to you (e.g. if we notice that the first thing you look at every day is the message board, then we may present this information or a link to it on your homepage);
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;to analyse and improve the services offered on EngagingLeadership e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where EngagingLeadership proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will EngagingLeadership contact me?
EngagingLeadership may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the EngagingLeadership can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to EngagingLeadership e.g. on the EngagingLeadership message boards;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the EngagingLeadership services (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how the EngagingLeadership will contact you in relation to specific services.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
EngagingLeadership will not contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will EngagingLeadership share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within EngagingLeadership. However, sometimes EngagingLeadership uses third parties to process your information. EngagingLeadership will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and EngagingLeadership will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on the EngagingLeadership website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to EngagingLeadership, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on EngagingLeadership, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where EngagingLeadership reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory) EngagingLeadership may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to EngagingLeadership. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will EngagingLeadership keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with EngagingLeadership. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as on EngagingLeadership, when an account is deleted then all personal information is deleted automatically for our systems. Where you contribute to EngagingLeadership we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, EngagingLeadership will only keep copies of entries to a message board for the duration of the life of that message board. However other projects are likely to have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
10. Can I find out what personal information EngagingLeadership holds about me?
13. Cookies Policy -Information EngagingLeadership collects from you .
A. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the EngagingLeadership features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
C.How to reject cookies?